Phi is a UK-based charity contributing to improved health care in countries with few material resources. By building partnerships between health libraries, Phi supports access to reliable health information.
What does Phi do?
- Builds on existing information services in the developing world
- Emphasizes the importance of professional development
- Uses opportunities offered by technology
- Supports and cooperates with the initiatives of other agencies
Phi aims to:
- Build the capacity of librarians and other health information professionals to develop innovative information services
- Work collaboratively with others to increase the flow of timely, reliable and appropriate health information
- Facilitate interaction between health libraries in the UK and those in developing countries
We need support because....
- Health care provides need information to save lives
- Librarians facilitate knowledge transfer, not information overload
- Libraries are democratic - making information available for all, not just those who can pay
Your help is needed to update and improve our website
"It would be hard to overstate the pivotal role played by Phi within the ten year partnership between the Universities of Sierra Leone and Cardiff. Phi was responsible for the initial introduction and has provided unwavering encouragement, expertise and practical support ever since. It is truly a tripartite partnership providing immense benefits for both Universities and their associated communities." Phi Partner